Whether you are considering stem cell therapy for you or your pet, there are certain issues that you need to consider before you take the plunge into cellular therapy.
What type of stem cells are being used?
- Autologous cells are preferable.
Where do they come from?
- Adipose derived, adult cells are safer than embryonic and quicker than bone marrow derived cells.
- Your cells, not cells from someone else or something else.
- Where are the stem cells prepared and under what conditions?
- On-site cells are more viable.
- Sterile biological safety protocols, methods and equipment.
- How are the stem cells administered?
- Directly into area of injury or disease with advanced imaging for needle guidance.
- Administered by skilled surgeons.
- Intravenous administration is rarely effective when given alone.
- What options are there for rehabilitation after the cells are given?
- Neurological and musculoskeletal conditions require rehabilitation.
- Multiple modalities such as physical therapy, electro-stimulation, therapeutic laser, therapeutic
- ultrasound, water treadmills, specialized certifications.