At Safari, if you are a recent graduate or an experienced Veterinarian, we have a lot to offer and you have a lot to gain!
Safari Veterinary Care Centers is a state of the heart veterinary hospital for small animals, birds and exotics; where state of the art veterinary medicine and surgery is delivered in a team–based approach. This approach enables the veterinarian to leverage their effectiveness through team–based knowledge sharing.
Safari Veterinary Care Centers believes in a proactive approach to wellness and preventative care to all species. When the pet is sick, Safari provides the advanced diagnostic and therapeutic tools and trained support team that enables exceptional results.
At Safari, if you are a recent graduate, you will receive mentorship, support and guidance that helps take the stress out of learning how to apply your newly gained knowledge. If you are an experienced veterinarian, you will come to practice veterinary medicine in a new way that makes practice fun again.
Submit Your Resume
- Practice in accordance with the principles of veterinary medical ethics and the Safari Standards of Practice.
- Continue the pursuit of knowledge throughout your practice life.
- Learn the Safari Standards of Practice and work to continually improve those standards.
- Diagnose before you treat, teach before you reach (for treatment). When you treat, do so within the Safari Standards of Care.
- You are the pet’s advocate communicating on behalf of the pet; recommending optimal care plans for diagnosis and treatment and prevention of disease to ensure the pets live a longer healthier happier life.
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of Safari’s practice systems, including Safari’s software, VetPlan.
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience.
- Texas State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing prior to your start date.
- A Texas State Controlled Substance License may be required.
- Safari will apply and pay for your DEA License.
- New associates will be required to take the Texas state USDA Accreditation.
- Competitive salary with paid time off.
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents.
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment.
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short– and long–term disability after 60 days of employment — includes maternity leave.
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Safari Wellness Plans for up to three pets.
- Personal development plans designed to define and achieve your career goals.
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities.
- The chance to lend your skills to the communities you serve and live in.