It appears almost inevitable that your pet will definitely get fleas and ticks. When you see your dog scratching itself furiously, be rest assured it will likely be a fleas or tick infestation. As irritating as the sight of your pet scratching itself silly can be, it can actually be worse. Ticks and fleas have been known to cause health problems for pets and you will have to take immediate action to avoid complications later on. If you are not sure of an action plan to follow, you can make inquiries from your local veterinary clinic in League City.
We have compiled 5 different ways you can protect your pet from fleas and ticks in League City, Texas. Read on below for this information:
- Ensure you use the right product for the right animal.Do not attempt to use a product for dogs or cats for instance and vice versa. The result may be counter-productive and worse yet, it might cause reactions in the affected animal.
- When checking for anti-fleas and anti-tick products, ask for recommendations from professionals before making a purchase. Some products are outdated and will not work as you expect. Your friends, neighbors or colleagues might have ideas of products they have used in the past that worked very well for them.
You may also visit the veterinary wellness center in Texas for professional suggestions on how to go about treating your pets for fleas and ticks.
- Draw up a year-long plan to carry out flea and tick treatment because these pests are always active and might attack your pets at any time of the year. Even during winter, your pets aren’t safe from them unless you carry out constant checks with your veterinary care person. This doesn’t mean you need to be visiting the vet each time for it. There are do-it-yourself products that you can buy with guidance from a veterinary expert then apply them yourself on your pet when needed.
- Regular grooming is a must-do activity if you want to protect your pets from fleas and ticks. Bathing, shearing off excess hair, brushing furs and coats will give you the opportunity to check out your pet bodily. Dogs enjoy companionship and would enjoy your touches and petting as your check out their coats and fur for signs of tick and fleas. You will never know what you will find till you check.
- Take your pet to the veterinary clinic whenever you suspect an anomaly. You may not be able to find something wrong on your own but a trained veterinarian will spot a problem much faster because they have the skill and experience. If your pet has a severe case of tick or flea infestation and you doubt if you can handle the treatment procedure, the best option you can go for is to visit an emergency veterinary clinic in League City for professional and quality care.
Are you protecting your pets as you should from ticks and fleas? There is just one way to find out….visit your veterinary care center today!